Single in a Small Town
First off, let me just start by saying that I'm perfectly content being a single mom. I've had my ups and downs with it, but I have an amazing network that helps out with a LOT. In all honesty I wouldn't have it any other way, mostly because I've had some crap relationships, and I'm just enjoying life with my kids with no toilet seat left up (unless my boys forget), or a mass of hair in the sink or shower.
Okay, so now you're probably wondering what the title is leading on to, or, maybe not but whatever. Any single lady, especially ones that are deemed or considered *Cute* in a small town, will understand this next part completely. As mentioned above I'm a single mom, which means on occasion I get to go to the grocery store, alone. Birds singing, crowd cheering, and precious kitten meows of pure blissful time in a store without 3 kids all talking to you at once, grocery store time, alone. The ability to get in, get what I need, and get out without being asked 30 times for a box of sugar coated garbage. You get the idea.
I've found, once or twice, that I apparently don't always have that frazzled, works to much mom appearance about me. I found this out by being approached by a guy that had been chasing me through the store, just to ask me if I was single. I hadn't realized he was chasing me through the store until I realized he had just turned down every isle I was leaving. When my kids aren't with me, I speed shop. Anyways, dumbfounded me, could only say, "uhhhhh, yes." His response was, "Really, wow!" "Hey, I've gotta job!" "Can I take you out to dinner sometime?"
At that point, my brain quit sending the right words to my mouth and I said something about not even knowing him and wow! That's kinda random! He then asked me if he could give me his number so I could call him. Dumbfounded me said "okay, sure." The entire time this guy was talking to me, I was thinking, "Did the bars dry up?" Afterwards, the rest of my shopping trip was hurried along even quicker with my acquired acknowledgements of him smiling at me every time I happened to appear in his sight. Occasionally I'd give one of my "that's nice" smiles back.
After that nightmare was over, I posted the just of what happened to Facebook, and my friends and I had a good laugh. I also don't go to the store very often without my children in tow anymore either.
Hope you got a little laugh, and if you can relate or have had a similar instance, feel free to share.
Until next time,
Stay Strange
No comments:
Post a Comment